Thursday, March 24, 2016

Roasted Spring Veggies and Chicken with Creamy Polenta and Lemon Brown Butter

Roasted Spring Veggies and Chicken with Creamy Polenta and Lemon Brown Butter
Nicole, 24 Mar 03:03 AM

There’s this tree in the front of our house I have a love/hate relationship with. During the summer, it’s scraggly branches and full set of leaves block a large chunk of one of our cute cape cod dormers, and at the end of every summer, I debate tearing it down completely. During the winter, the leafless twigs look sort of sad and droopy, and again, I wonder if we would even miss it. But then, right around mid-March, tiny pink flowers sprout from every bare branch, and I remember why I decide to keep it year after year. It’s the first tree on our entire street to bloom, and for me, it’s a sign that spring is officially upon us.
A week or so ago, those pretty pink flowers made an appearance, and I’ve been sort of giddy ever since.
The first blooms of the season start a sort of ripple effect of excitement, because next comes the warm weather, and after that, fresh spring produce. While I love my fair share of comfort-driven winter foods like chicken pot pie, spaghetti and meatballs, and...

No comments:

Post a Comment