Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce and Pasta

Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce and Pasta
Averie Sunshine, 07 Mar 12:01 AM

I have always been a mustard fan. Yellow, brown, grainy, Dijon, sweet, hot and spicy, I love them all.
So a cream sauce made with both Dijon and grainy mustards is my idea of awesome.
This easy, one-skillet chicken dish is ready in 30 minutes and has a perfectly tangy bite from the mustards that’s mellowed by the cream. Heavy cream can do no wrong.
Along with cream and chicken broth, there’s chardonnay in the sauce. I haven’t experimented without using wine because it adds so much depth of flavor and lends an elegant and sophisticated note. But not to worry, the alcohol burns off during cooking and what remains is a richness of flavor imparted by the wine.
And since Dijon mustard is made with white wine, everything in the sauce blends and layers beautifully.
I served the chicken with tagliatelle pasta and spooned some of the extra sauce over the noodles and my family gave the dinner excellent reviews.
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce and Pasta
A cream sauce made with both Dijon...

No comments:

Post a Comment