Thursday, March 17, 2016

Mexican Wedge Salad with Creamy Avocado-Cilantro Dressing

Mexican Wedge Salad with Creamy Avocado-Cilantro Dressing
Averie Sunshine, 16 Mar 12:01 AM

One of the things I like to do after I dine a restaurant is see if I can recreate what I ate. And then tweak it to taste exactly how I want it, aka make it better. 
This easy and healthy salad was inspired by a similar salad I ate at a restaurant but has more veggies for added texture and the dressing has amazing flavor.
It’s an easy blender dressing that comes together in one minute flat and it’s packed with flavor from avocado, cilantro, Greek yogurt, lime juice, green onions, garlic, and a pinch of cayenne. It’s thick, creamy, and reminds me of this Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing but with avocado.
You’ll have extra dressing which keeps for 1 week in the fridge. It’s easy to eat healthy when you have homemade salad dressing ready and waiting.
I topped the salad with cheese and baked tortilla strips. The slight saltiness of the cheese and the crunch of the tortilla strips takes the salad from good to great.
Why bother with croutons when you can have tortilla strips.
The salad is...

No comments:

Post a Comment