Saturday, January 23, 2016

Recipes of That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Updates from

That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Where recipe magic happens...

In the 01/23/2016 edition:

Enchiladas Suizas or Chicken Enchiladas

By Liz Berg on Jan 21, 2016 01:00 am
Enchiladas Suizas or Chicken Enchiladas with a creamy tomatillo sauce is an authentic, tasty Mexican dish with a “Swiss” twist!Enchiladas Suiza | Authentic Mexican Chicken Enchiladas with a creamy green sauce

Enchiladas Suizas

The addition of cream and cheese contributed to the Suizas or Swiss reference in the name of these enchiladas. The only green sauce I’ve cooked with came from a can, so I was eager to try to make my own. I added only one serrano chile so as not to disturb my hubby’s sensitive palate and followed the recipe as directed. A swipe of my finger across my mixing spoon reassured me that this sauce and then, therefore, these enchiladas were going to be quite delicious

Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like Enchiladas Suizas or Chicken Enchiladas on Facebook

30+ Amazing Valentine’s Day Recipes

By Liz Berg on Jan 20, 2016 01:00 am
Today, I’m sharing over 30 marvelous Valentine’s Day Recipes! With less than a month till Valentine’s Day, it’s time to plan your menu, starting with the most important course, dessert! From chocolate to berry to peanut butter to cheesecake, I have some terrific inspiration for you. Plus a bonus breakfast recipes you’ll love, too.
A marvelous round up of 30+ Valentine's Day Recipes

Valentine’s Day Recipes from Breakfast to Dessert

Red Velvet Poke Cake

Red Velvet Poke Cake PS

Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast

Creme-burlee-french-toast-main

Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake

Slow-Cooker-Chocolate-Lava-Cake1

Mini Cheesecake for Two

mini_cheesecake

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two

Deep-Dish-Cookies-for-Two-5

White Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce

16391577132_872f2f174e_c

Raspberry Fool

15980360252_ee5ba4c0c7_c

Pink Velvet Raspberry Cupcakes

Pink-Velvet-Raspberry-Cupcakes-21

Cherry Crisp for Two

Cherry-Crisp-for-Two-1

Chocolate Raspberry Pots de Creme

chocolate-raspberry-pots-de-creme

Black Forest Brownies

Black-Forest-Brownies

Conversation Heart Cakelettes

Valentines-Day-Conversation-Heart-Cakelettes-6

Homemade Heart Marshmallows

Homemade-Heart-Marshmallows-blog-2

Strawberry Cheesecake Chocolate Crepes

chocolatecheesecakecrepes

Chocolate Blackberry Cheesecake Trifles

Chocolate-Blackberry-Cheesecake-Trifles-www.thereciperebel.com-2-610x915
Dark Chocolate Espresso Mousse

Dark-chocolate-espresso-mousse-23

Easy Chocolate Mousse

Chocolate-MoussewB

Monster Sweetheart Cookies

MonsterSweetheartCookies-0101

Red Velvet Brownies

Red-Velvet-Brownies

Valentine’s White Chocolate Dipped Krispy Treats

Valentine's+White+Chocolate+Dipped+Krispy+Treats.+#easy+#recipe+highheelsandgrills.com

Chocolate Caramel Tart

Chocolate-Caramel-Tart-4
Gluten Free Red Velvet Brownies for Two

Gluten-Free-Deep-Dish-Red-Velvet-Brownies-for-Two-recipe-0515

Double Peanut Butter Lava Cakes

DSC0205_1SQUARE
Red Velvet Cheesecake Gelato

Red-Velvet-Gelato-5

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pink Scones

16710908062_6e97ef42fc_o
Valentines Cookie Stacks

blog6-4_zps5925ff40

M&M Valentine Blondies
MM-Valentine-Blondies-3a
Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars

red-velvet-cheesecake-bars-3_wm-680x1024

Red Velvet Mocha Milkshake

Red-Velvet-Mocha-Milkshake-2c

Homemade Chocolate Truffles with Champagne and Brandy

homemade-chocolate-18

Flourless Chocolate Cake

flourless-chocolate-cake-8

Valentine’s Day Chocolate Molded Rice Crispy Treats

chocolate-molded-rice-crispy-treats1

Check back in February for our Slow Cooker Recipe roundup. I hope you found the perfect Valentine’s Day Recipes for your special someone! Pin the image below so you’ll always have access to these terrific holiday treats!
A marvelous round up of 30+ Valentine's Day Recipes

Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like 30+ Amazing Valentine’s Day Recipes on Facebook

Caramel Corn with Cashews and Cherries

By Liz Berg on Jan 18, 2016 01:00 am
Homemade Caramel Corn is one of those sweet-salty treats that I cannot resist! Park a bowlful in front of me during a football game and it will be devoured by halftime!
Caramel Corn with Cashews and Cherries | Perfect snack for game day or movie night

Irresistible Caramel Corn

I only make caramel corn about once a decade and I was overdue. I could eat the whole batch myself, and the picky family doesn’t give me any competition, darn them! I hosted a gathering when my sister was visiting, and it was the perfect opportunity to make a batch. She, unfortunately for me, was eying all the savory treats instead of assisting me with the caramel corn. Thank goodness my mother-in-law was in town, too, and she graciously munched with me after dinner nearly every night!

Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like Caramel Corn with Cashews and Cherries on Facebook

Apple Pear Crisp

By Liz Berg on Jan 17, 2016 01:00 am
I had loads of apples in the fridge plus pears ripening on the counter, so when I got an email request to bake something for a funeral luncheon, I decided on an Apple Pear Crisp. I set aside some of the fruit filling and oatmeal crumble so that Bill, and Nick, who was home for winter break, would have some dessert, too!
Apple Pear Crisp | A delectable pairing of fruit with an oatmeal crisp topping

Crisp for a Crowd!

When you need to make a dessert to serve a crowd, a fruit crisp is an easy solution. The hardest part is peeling and slicing the fruit (and how difficult is that???). The rest is a breeze. The sliced apples and pears were tossed with sugar and  warm spices, then a buttery oatmeal streusel was crumbled over the apple and pear slices. Nothing compares to the blissful aroma of baking apples punched up with cinnamon and nutmeg. I baked this apple pear crisp till the fruit was tender and the juices were thick and bubbly. I almost hated giving away the 9 x13 pan, but I knew I could whip up another for the family in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment