Thursday, February 18, 2016

Croque Madame Chicken Burgers

Croque Madame Chicken Burgers
Nicole, 16 Feb 05:20 AM

So I had this naive idea that life after Teddy, work-wise, would be totally easy. I confidently told myself and everyone else around me that things wouldn’t change when it came to the blog. I’d break out the camera, cook, and navigate social media shares while Teddy napped. What I couldn’t get done during nap time, I’d get done while my Mom watched him one day a week. Also, dinner would be on the table, the bed would be made, and I’d pick up the trail I’d left around the house all day, all before Kevin would get home.
I’m sure I don’t even have to say this out loud, but, man, mothering a child is no joke. I can’t just put him down and let him entertain himself, because I’d feel like I’m not engaging him enough. I can’t hold him and play with him all day, because then I’ll be spoiling him, overstimulating him, and thinking about all the work I need to get done.
While some of my expectations have been met, for the most part, I’m really struggling to keep up with the freelance work that...

No comments:

Post a Comment