Thursday, February 18, 2016

One Pan Harissa Marinated Chicken with Lemon Greek Yogurt

One Pan Harissa Marinated Chicken with Lemon Greek Yogurt
Nicole, 18 Feb 05:21 AM

Dinners like these have become my lifeline in the last couple of months, because they’re quick, easy and require minimal ingredients — three things that make getting a meal on the table in time for dinner infinitely easier.
While I admit that I haven’t always been particularly fond of dark meat when it comes to poultry, I’ve come around in recent years and now see what all those chefs have been talking about. The thigh is not only quick-cooking, but it has so much more innate flavor than a typical breast on a bird, and to boot, they’re pretty difficult to overcook, which makes them a star protein in my eyes.
I find that a simply roasted thigh is more than sufficient in the flavor department, but marinating them in a store-bought harissa and then roasting them makes seem a little bit more special. In this case, I tossed the marinated meat with some sliced onions, carrots and canned chickpeas to coat them in the harissa, and then cozied everything up on a sheet pan before popping them...

No comments:

Post a Comment