Sunday, August 16, 2015

Better Homes and Garden's Classic Lasagna

I posted my favorite recipe on my Facebook Recipe Page, found here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Come-into-BJs-Kitchen-Please-Like-My-Page/168639139974693
Classic Lasagna

LASAGNA
* My favorite recipe from Better Homes, when I got married, was their classic lasagna… still one of my favorites made with cottage cheese! And yes you would never guess it had cottage cheese in it. My family, of 3 daughters, requested it a lot. Once you make it you will make no other Lasagna! Picture below was my wedding day!
Lasagna
1 pound Italian sausage
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon whole basil
1-½ teaspoons salt
one 1-pound can tomatoes
2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
10 ounces lasagna noodles
2 eggs
3 cups ricotta or cottage cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced very thin
Brown meat slowly; spoon off excess fat. Add next 5 ingredients. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook noodles in large amount boiling salted water till tender; drain; rinse. Beat eggs; add remaining ingredients, except mozzarella.
Layer half of the noodles in 13x9x2-inch baking dish; spread with half the ricotta filling; add half the mozzarella cheese and half the meat sauce. Repeat. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes (or assemble early and refrigerate; bake 45 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8 to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment