Saturday, November 7, 2015

Updates from That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Updates from

That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Where recipe magic happens...

In the 11/07/2015 edition:

Loaded Oatmeal Cookies

By Liz Berg on Nov 05, 2015 01:00 am
Our community lost a terrific father, husband and friend last month. So many are devastated by his death and I assisted with the luncheon after his funeral.  These loaded oatmeal cookies with almonds, dried cherries, chocolate chips and chocolate chunks were my way of offering comfort.
Loaded Oatmeal Cookies |Chewy oatmeal cookies filled with almonds, dried cherries and chocolate

Oatmeal Cookies with the Works

Unlike the rest of my family, I love cookies packed full of different textures and flavors. Adding crunchy nuts, chewy oats, dried cherries and silky smooth chocolate make every single bite truly swoon-worthy. These are far from boring cookies! With a gathering of over 800 for the funeral, it was a massive effort to coordinate a meal for those in mourning. I knew there would be tons of brownies and chocolate chip cookies and these loaded oatmeal cookies would be a nice option on the dessert table.

Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like Loaded Oatmeal Cookies on Facebook

M&M White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies #ChocolateForJoan

By Liz Berg on Nov 04, 2015 01:00 am
Adding white chocolate M&M’s to Classic White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies just made them more irresistible!
   M&M White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies | Chewy, buttery cookies filled with white chocolate, M&M's and macadamia nuts

Need for an Orange Treat

I was scheduled to put on my Lifestyle Expert hat on and discuss “orange” cooking tools for a local TV segment. It was close to Halloween and apparently folks love a splash of orange in the kitchen for the holiday. But, to keep my food blogger status in good standing, I also needed to bring a treat for the crew. I thought of my Killer Pumpkin Bars with their thick coating of cream cheese frosting, but decided to shake up my favorite White Chocolate Macadamia Nut  Cookies with some festive M&M’s. I nabbed a bag of White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s at Target and swapped out some of the white chocolate chips for the candy coated chocolates. Little did I know that these orange, yellow and white morsels were not filled with plain ol’ white chocolate but instead white chocolate with candy corn flavoring. Hmmmmm….not sure I’d go that route again. But M&M’s can be found in all sorts of colors and flavors, so go with what works with the season or the holiday du jour

Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like M&M White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies #ChocolateForJoan on Facebook

Thin Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies #TwoSweetiePies

By Liz Berg on Nov 02, 2015 01:00 am
I had a houseful of desserts the hubby didn’t care for. The Coconut Cream Pie, Pecan Pie and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies were not his scene. I headed over to Hugs and Cookies XOXO to find something more his speed. I spied these Thin Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, a perennial favorite of my better half. And a little cookie dough sampling for me. Win-Win.
Thin Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies | For those times you want a bigger, thinner, chewy cookie!

Cookies for Bill

Bill was arriving back in town from a visit to his mom just as I was heading out for a few days with some dear friends I’ve known my whole life (since preschool and third grade). It had been a crazy week. I hosted a coffee for 40 of my volunteer friends, then turned around to have our dinner club over for brunch a few days later. Today, I’m having my neighbor friends for lunch. This time I wised up. We are all making a different crockpot dish to taste and analyze. I picked out a few recipes for us to test and put them all to work. BUT this left little time for my favorite event of the month, Two Sweetie Pies! I knew I’d have to leave something yummy and easy to make for Bill and saw these Thin Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies on Danielle’s blog.

Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like Thin Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies #TwoSweetiePies on Facebook

Chocolate Sheet Cake #SundaySupper

By Liz Berg on Nov 01, 2015 06:15 am
With Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years approaching and all the gatherings in between, we’re all looking for easy holiday entertaining recipes. This Chocolate Sheet Cake recipe never fails to please. Plus it’s a simple way to provide dessert for a crowd.
Chocolate Sheet Cake | Rich, moist chocolate cake topped with a layer of fudgy frosting. Perfect for any gathering!

Perfect Dessert for a Gathering!

A sheet cake is always an excellent selection for serving a group of chocolate lovers. Batter is poured into a half-sheet pan, baked and then a glossy, fudgy icing is poured over the warm cake for the crowning glory. The motto at our house is that “frosting makes any dessert even better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment