Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mother's Day Memories and Special Treats

Mother's Day Memories and Special Treats
Homepage
Carroll@dcpelle.com
This Sunday is Mother's Day. Treat your mother the best you can on her special day. I wish my mother were around for me. As it is, I'm very lucky to be a mother to a wonderful and thoughtful daughter. Make one of these recipes for your mother on her special day. Maybe my daughter will make me something special, especially if she reads this newsletter. -Smiley Face Here-
Mother's Day Favorites
Carroll Pellegrinelli
Desserts/Baking Expert
Me Oh My It's Pecan Pie
My mother's favorite dessert of all time was Pecan Pie. Coincidentally, my mother-in-law's favorite dessert is also Pecan Pie. For the longest time, I was not a big Pecan Pie fan. I always thought they were too sweet. This recipe isn't like most other Pecan Pie recipes. It's got tons of nuts and you won't find it overly sweet.
READ NOW
Share
Peanut Butter Fudge
One of my favorite memories of my mom was coming home from school to that smell of cooking peanut butter. I'd find my mother in the kitchen with a rag tied around her hips, barefoot and stirring a pot of hot peanut butter fudge. Yummy!
READ NOW
Share
Oatmeal Cookies
The dining room table covered in newspapers was another good sign to find when I got home from school. Newspapers meant Mother was making Oatmeal Cookies. Warm and chewy and filled with my mother's love, make these the best cookies ever.
READ NOW
Share
Rice Pudding
Maybe it's a generational thing, but both my mother and mother-in-law just love rice pudding. Rice Pudding, again, is not my favorite dessert. It wasn't until my daughter made this recipe for Rice Pudding that I am now a fan. You will be too. It's the orange zest that really makes it.
READ NOW
Share
Boiled Peanuts
I have fond memories of traveling with my mom and dad. A road-trip didn't go by without stopping at a roadside stand to buy warm boiled peanuts. These days I make them at home in the crockpot. I've even served them for an appetizer. Everyone just loves this special treat.
READ NOW
Share
Mom's Pina Colada Cake
Of all of the desserts she made, Mother was really known for her cakes. I just love the creaminess of her Piña Colada Cake.
READ NOW
Share
Bread Pudding
I think this is one of the last desserts I remember her making. She just loved everything about New Orleans which was where she got her recipe.
READ NOW
Share
French Toast
Make your Mother feel special by making her some homemade French Toast on her special day.
READ NOW
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment