Friday, May 22, 2015

Desserts and Baking Recipes

Pick a Memorial Day Dessert
Homepage
A to Z Dessert Recipes and Articles Index
More of the Best Brownie Recipes
Decisions, decisions, decisions... That's the way I feel about what desserts do I want to make for Memorial Day. Do I go with homemade cookies or maybe a strawberry-rhubarb pie? Then there's the whole fruit thing of wanting to eat better, but still have something sweet. What are you going to make? As you can tell I'm still trying to decide what to make. Here are some of the desserts I'm thinking about making this year.
Like me on Facebook
Come join me for online hoarding on Pinterest
You can also find me on Google Plus
Carroll Pellegrinelli
Desserts/Baking Expert
Adults-Only Frozen Margarita Pie
I make this Margarita Pie at least once every summer. Typically, it's not even my idea even though, I do love it. One friend or another will request this cold and creamy treat. What really makes this dessert is the pretzel crust. It's hard to beat that sweet and salty combination. I bring my pie in a cooler with plenty of ice blocks, so the hostess doesn't have to make room in her freezer for it.
READ NOW
Share
Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler
Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler photo by Carroll Pellegrinelli - Photo (c) by Carroll Pellegrinelli
Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler. Photo (c) by Carroll Pellegrinelli
I made my first Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler for my daughter's high school graduation party. We had a hundred or so people coming to our party, so I doubled my recipe and made it in a roasting pan. Everyone loved it. The natural sweetness of strawberries is tamed with the slight tartness of the rhubarb. It's fabulous served warm alone, but a dollop of freshly made whipped cream is quite nice too.
READ NOW
Share
The Ultimate Brownies
Well, at least they are for me. These are the ultimate brownies, because they are tall with the combination of cake-like and fudge-like texture. You could frost them, but that would be overkill. There's a lot of chocolate-satisfaction in each and every bite.
READ NOW
Share
Terrific Peanut Butter Blondies with Dark Chocolate
I learned a big lesson from my daughter at Easter. We were bringing my Tropical Carrot Cake to a big Easter dinner at a friends' house. Loretta said "you know Mom, not everyone likes coconut and nuts, so we should another dessert, too." She said we could make blondies. It was no big deal, because makes them in her dorm kitchen all of the time. I had no idea, that she was more familiar with my recipe than I was. Although, she made regular blondies with just chocolate chips, I made these these Peanut Butter Blondies just a couple of weeks ago. It's amazing that 1/2 cup of peanut butter could so much flavor in this recipe.
READ NOW
Share
Orange Glazed Mini Cupcakes
These Orange Glazed Cupcakes are wonderful, but deadly. Due to their size, you may pop more of them in your mouth than you intended. Unlike traditionally frosted cupcakes, these Orange-Glazed Mini Cupcakes hold-up better to the heat of a warm Memorial Day.
READ NOW
Share
Watermelon and Feta
Yes, just two simple ingredients make an outstanding dessert, lunch breakfast or whenever you want to serve it. You could add blueberries for a more patriotic treat. I've even had this served with rings of red onions and topped with a light vinaigrette. Personally, I  prefer it plain.
READ NOW
Share
Scrumptious Blueberry Banana Cake
If your Memorial Day festivities start early, you may wish to make this recipe. This Blueberry-Banana Cake has more that there are more bananas and blueberries in the batter then flour and sugar. You can use any bundt, tube or even a 9x13 cake pan to make. I used the Cathedral Bundt cake pan.
READ NOW
Share
Snickerdoodles
This recipe has become a family-favorite. It's made with butter and has more cinnamon in it. These Snickerdoodles have also become the cookies I make for kid functions. With all of the allergies these days, these Snickerdoodles seem to be the safest. There's no nuts or chocolate in them; just lots of lovely cinnamon.
READ NOW
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment