Thursday, April 16, 2015

Desserts/Baking

Carroll Pellegrinelli
Desserts/Baking Expert
All About Biscotti
Just one piece, or sometimes, just a half a piece satisfies my mid-morning or mid-afternoon craving. Of course, I always pair up my biscotti with a cup of coffee or tea. For the longest time, I was afraid of making biscotti. I thought having to bake something "twice" was too time consuming. Personally, I believe that making biscotti is one of the easiest "from-scratch" cookies to make.
READ NOW
Share
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Don't laugh at this, but sometimes when I "just need a little something", I make an easy fudge. I get my satisfaction just from licking the spoon on this one when I'm done. Of course, the fudge gets eaten later, and hopefully not all by me. Still just licking the spoon when I'm done can satisfy my need for chocolate.
READ NOW
Share
Freezing and Baking Cookie Dough
In a couple of weeks I'll devote an entire newsletter the secret of freezing cookie dough. Right now, all I need to say is that yes, you can buy already-made cookie dough at the store. It just doesn't taste as good as homemade cookies. By freezing your cookies dough, you can bake one cookies at a time to satisfy that need for "just a little something".
READ NOW
Share
Cornbread Recipe
Cornbread? you say. Yes, cornbread. Whether it's with a soup or a big salad, a piece of cornbread hot from the oven or slathered with butter does it for me. It makes my healthy soup or salad feel a bit decadent. Another secret... cornbread is outstanding for breakfast, sliced open lightly spread with butter, sprinkled with cheddar cheese and toasted in the oven. Yummy!
READ NOW
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment