Thursday, April 9, 2015

Desserts

Dessert Calendar for April
Recipe and Article Index from A to Z
New Email: carroll@dcpelle.com

I know that "April showers bring May flowers", but come on. It seems to rain every other day. I can barely walk through my yard without sinking. Please remind me of this during the summer when I'm complaining about the drought.
I hope you enjoy this month's dessert selections. I know I will.
Desserts/Baking Expert
April is Pecan Month
Photo by Pearson PecansBesides being Pecan month, April 13th is also National Pecan Day. Pecans are my favorite nut for baking. I almost always toast them before I put them in a dessert. When I toasted these Pearson Farm Pecans, I almost didn't have enough for the recipe. My husband and daughter couldn't keep their hands out of them. Not only did these pecans taste good, but they were pretty too. It was amazing that all the nuts in my one pound bag were almost the exact shape and size. They were a sight to behold. You can order pecans directly from their farm.

Pearson Farm Pecans
Salted Pecans
Blondies
Coconut Pecan Frosting
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Orange Pecan Biscotti
My Favorite Pecan Pie
Pecan Tassies
Addicting Caramel Pecan Bars
Barcardi Rum Cake
READ NOW
Share
April 9th - Chinese Almond Cookie Day
Photo by Carroll PellegrinelliSome of my favorite memories involve eating lunch almost once a week in a Chinese restaurant with my parents. Back in the day, lunch would consist of Egg Foo Young, Chicken Chow Mein, fried rice, Egg Drop Soup, an egg roll and an Almond Cookie for dessert. Ever since then, Almond Cookies have been a favorite.
Almond Cookies
READ NOW
Share
April 13th - National Peach Cobbler Day
Photo by Carroll PellegrinelliA cobbler is similar to a fruit pie with a top crust only. Peach Cobbler is very popular in southern homes and restaurants.
Peach Cobbler
Crockpot Peach Cobbler
Easy Peach Cobbler
READ NOW
Share
April 20th - National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Photo by Sarah Bossert Getty ImagesJust what is it about Pineapple Upside-Down Cake? I have a friend who never eats dessert at our monthly potluck luncheons. Well, that was until I brought this Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. She lit-up like a Christmas tree the moment she realized what type of dessert I brought. She ate not one, but two pieces.
Double Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
READ NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment