Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cinco de Mayo Recipes

Cinco de Mayo - A Fun Mexican Food Holiday
Home Page
Email - Carroll@dcpelle.com

As soon as the spring chill is gone, I'm thinking of outdoor dining and Mexican food. I love sitting outside eating chips and dip while sipping my frozen margarita. (No salt, please.) I guess I'm not the only one who thinks this way, because it hasn't been that long that the biggest U.S. Mexican food holiday began being celebrated annually on May 5th. Cinco de Mayo is not, as some may have thought, Mexican Independence Day, which is actually the 16th of September. It's a holiday celebrating of the Mexican militia over the French Army in the battle of Puebla in 1862.
Carroll Pellegrinelli
Desserts/Baking Expert
Arroz con Leche
a.k.a. Rice Pudding. I will admit I was not a big "rice pudding" fan until I tasted the Arroz Con Leche made by my daughter. It was creamy and flavorful. You can enjoy it too with this recipe. I love that it's baked into one of my favorite cake pans - yes, it's baked in a Bundt Cake Pan.
READ NOW
Share
Gooey Caramel Flan Cake with Toasted Pecans
This recipe for Flan Cake is an ooey-gooey version of a caramel cake. I love that it's baked into one of my favorite cake pans - yes, it's baked in a Bundt Cake Pan.
READ NOW
Share
Tres Leches Cake
The name of this Mexican dessert treat is literally translated as "Three Milks Cake". Yes, you guessed it there are three milks in this really moist cake.
READ NOW
Share
Arroz con Leche
a.k.a. Rice Pudding. I will admit I was not a big "rice pudding" fan until I tasted the Arroz Con Leche made by my daughter. It was creamy and flavorful. You can enjoy it too with this recipe.
READ NOW
Share
Biscochitos
These are Mexican cookies that can be cut into any shape. The diamond shape is typically served at weddings. It's also very typical to cut them with a Fleur De Lis shaped cookie cutter. You'll see that mine are cut into cactus and chili pepper shapes.
READ NOW
Share
Mexican Wedding Cookies
You've seen them in your grocery store. Sometimes you'll see them called Danish Wedding Cookies. Think of them as nutted-shortcake balls rolled into powdered sugar.
READ NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment