Saturday, May 21, 2016

Updates from That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Updates from

That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Where recipe magic happens...

In the 05/21/2016 edition:

Triple Chocolate Poke Cake

By Liz Berg on May 19, 2016 01:00 am
Fellow bloggers have been sharing “Poke Cakes” for eons.  I jumped on the bandwagon with this Triple Chocolate Poke Cake and wowed my chocoholic family!Triple Chocolate Poke Cake | Moist chocolate cake with fudgy filling and chocolate buttercream!

Chocolate Poke Cake

My first exposure to poke cakes was when my mom made a Jello version back in the 1970’s. A white box cake mix was baked in a 9 x 13-inch pan then holes were “poked” with the back of a wooden spoon and filled with liquid jello. Refrigerated, then frosted with Cool Whip, it was a delicious change of pace from our lackluster bowls of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce. It was a perfect dessert for 4 teenage girls. But as my palate matured , Cool Whip and boxed mixes didn’t cut it, so I searched out some less processed recipes. By mixing and matching some recipes, I created this Triple Chocolate Poke Cake that drew raves from my family. In fact, on more than one occasion, the hubby commented that I should make this again as well as requesting it for his birthday cake next April!!

Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like Triple Chocolate Poke Cake on Facebook

25+ No-Bake Dessert Recipes

By Liz Berg on May 17, 2016 01:00 am
Spring has sprung and the unofficial start of summer is only a couple weeks away. It’s the perfect time to pick out some No-Bake Dessert Recipes. These cool and luscious sweets are ideal for those sultry days when the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven!25+ No-Bake Dessert Recipes | Perfect desserts for the hot summer months or when you just don't want to deal with the oven!

No-Bake Dessert Recipes

Memorial Day, Independence Day and summer dinner parties are all looming. As the temperature rises, I tend to look for easy entertaining recipes. Besides meeting the “easy” criteria, creating a delectable dessert in warm weather shouldn’t make you break out into a sweat. No-bake dessert recipes are the perfect way to end a summer meal, and all these fabulous recipes from my blogger friends will help you plan your menus

Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like 25+ No-Bake Dessert Recipes on Facebook

Mini Vanilla Flans #SundaySupper

By Liz Berg on May 15, 2016 01:00 am
 Don’t you love having your own dessert that you don’t have to share? These Mini Flans are creamy vanilla custards coated with homemade caramel. Yup, I knew you wouldn’t want to share!
Mini Flans | The classic Spanish custard and caramel dessert in individual servings!

Mini Flans

Our oldest pops by most Sunday nights to have dinner with the family. A month or so ago, he raved about a flan he had tasted at a nearby bistro. He may have been in college the last time I made one, so I added flan to the list of must make recipes. When Spanish Tapas came up as this week’s Sunday Supper theme, I had my excuse to whip up Spain’s version of crème caramel.�

No comments:

Post a Comment