Thursday, June 12, 2014

Guide to Desserts/Baking



From Carroll Pellegrinelli, your Guide to Desserts/Baking
Homepage
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest

I've been lucky to have, at one time, three fathers in my life. My Dad, my father-in-law and my husband, who becomes a better father everyday. I hope you'll enjoy some of their favorite desserts and other treats.
My Dad
OatmealI owe a lot of my baking skills to my dad. He took up baking bread when he was selling real estate. Kneading bread helped calm the frustrations associated with the business.
Oatmeal Bread, was the first bread he made.

Dad, just like I promised you at the end, I will never stop loving you.

My Father-in-Law
Strawberry-Rhubarb PieMy father-in-law was not a big cook, but he loved his dessert. Dinner was just not complete without dessert. His favorite dessert was Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. I made it for him each time he came for a visit.

I miss you too, Guy!


My Daughter's Father
Beach with DaddyThe first dessert I served my then boyfriend, soon to be fiancé, husband and father to our daughter, was this recipe for Dump Cake. I served it warm from the oven and topped with vanilla ice cream.
Another Outstanding Father
Apple StrudelThere is another father in my life. He's a great father to his sons and to my daughter, and he's also a father to many others as a deacon in our church. His favorite dessert is this simplistic Apple Strudel with Puff Pastry. Of course, he likes it served with whipped cream.
* her page comes to me via email!

No comments:

Post a Comment