Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Caramel Glaze

Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Caramel Glaze
Averie Sunshine, 04 Apr 12:01 AM

I love banana bread anything and could eat it every day and not tire of it.
I have 40+ banana bread and banana recipes but no banana donuts. So I dusted off my donut pan and make some.
The last time I made donuts was early 2014 so I was overdue. These baked donuts are just like making muffins but you use a donut pan instead. Less than $10 bucks and a fun way to change up banana bread or most any quickbread and baked donuts are so much healthier than fried.
I only have one donut pan and made 6 donuts and used my mini muffin pans to make 18 donut holes. Mix and match with whatever pans you have available.
It’s a fast and easy recipe that uses oil rather than butter so there’s nothing to cream and no mixer to dirty. Oil keeps quickbreads softer and springier than butter and sour cream (or Greek yogurt) is extra insurance for soft, springy, bouncy, fluffy donuts.
The glaze is adapted from this Vanilla Caramel Glaze. It makes the donuts go from great to totally fabulous. I’ve made va...

No comments:

Post a Comment