Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Guide to Low Fat Cooking with Recipes


From Fiona Haynes, your Guide to Low Fat Cooking
I inherit my love of cauliflower from my mother, who would nibble it raw, make soup with it, or serve her signature cauliflower and white sauce at the holiday meal table. My current favorite way to eat cauliflower is in a light yet creamy curry with chickpeas.

Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry

I came home from the market with a beautiful head of cauliflower the other day. I'm used to making soup with it or a comforting cauliflower cheese, which, alas, is... Read more
Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower Soup
Fiona Haynes
If you enjoy broccoli soup or potato soup, you'll very likely enjoy cauliflower soup. What it lacks in color, it makes up for in nutrients.
Balsamic Roasted Cauliflower
Balsamic Roasted Cauliflower
So while I'm on a cauliflower tear, I must share this particularly delicious side dish of balsamic roasted cauliflower. To be honest, any roasted vegetable is sublime; cauliflower is no exception.
Butternut Squash Salad
Butternut Squash Salad
OK, so enough of the cauliflower. How about a tasty fall salad of butternut squash and broccoli? This is a colorful, nutritious side dish fit to grace any holiday table, or any fall or winter table for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment