Friday, October 23, 2015

Lightened-Up Beef Stroganoff

Lightened-Up Beef Stroganoff
Nicole, 23 Oct 12:40 AM

As the warm days slowly slip away, like many, I’m not as heavily drawn towards lighter summer fare as I once was in months past, and instead gravitate towards more comfort-driven meals like spaghetti and meatballs, hearty soups and my personal Russian-turned-American comfort food classic – beef stroganoff.
While this creamy beef and noodles classic isn’t the prettiest plate of food to look at, for a meat, pasta and creamy-sauce lover, this old-school favorite sure it delicious – you’ll just have to overlook the sea of brown, dull colors. Although, the pops of parsley and bright yellow egg noodles help, right?
Even when I wasn’t the biggest fan of red meat in my earliest days, beef stroganoff was something I fell in love with instantaneously, and still adore to this day. And I’ll let you in on a deep-not-so-secret confession of mine, I love beef stroganoff so much, that occasionally when I’m feeling lazy and Kevin isn’t home for dinner, I’ll buy one those pre-packaged sides and eat...
***

No comments:

Post a Comment