Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Fried Sandwiches by Elvis [FRIED… IS THAT A SURPRISE?


episode three -- fried sandwiches by elvis

Today we're cooking with the king. I highly recommend Elvis' fried peanut butter & banana sandwiches. These are truly delicious-- what a guilty pleasure they are! Anything with peanut butter automatically goes to the top of my list. 

What I love about these meatless sandwiches is that they are perfect for a late afternoon snack with a cup of coffee. But the next time I make these-- instead of bread (I always use wheat bread by the way)-- I will vary the recipe a bit and use wheat tortillas. That way I can reduce the carbs and still enjoy all the flavor inside.

1elvis.png

This recipe is found on wikipedia.com, retrieved on December 7, 2014. It is commonly known as the Elvis sandwich with occasional variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment