Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Beefsteak by Ruth Chatterton Actress 1931


episode four -- beefsteak by ruth chatterton
1beef.png
It's almost four in the afternoon here. In a few hours, I will be making dinner. And as I thought about today's menu, I decided I had a hankering for a steak. I remembered this great recipe I had that was provided by actress Ruth Chatterton. Most know Ruth as the very undomestic wife in the hit motion picture DODSWORTH. 

Usually I like to serve a porterhouse with a baked potato and a vinegar and oil coleslaw. As for a suitable beverage, I tend to drink coffee but I can think of several good wines that might also go well with this meal. Incidentally, I probably eat red meat about once every two weeks. So when I treat myself like this, it has to be very good. And let me assure you, Ruth's recipe is spectacular! Here it is:
1beefsteak.png

I think the horseradish gives it just the right flavor. I understand that not everyone is a fan of horseradish, but it really works with this dish.

imgres52.jpg

This recipe first appeared in Favorite Recipes of the Movie Stars, an out of print paperback cookbook published in 1931.



(December 24, 1892 – November 24, 1961) was an American stage, film and television actress. In the late 1930s, Chatterton retired from film acting but continued her career on the stage. She later became a successful novelist and early
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

No comments:

Post a Comment