Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Barbecued Meat by Ann Harding [actress]


episode ten -- barbecued meat by ann harding
images27.jpg

Ann Harding is one of my favorite movie actresses of the 1930s. She had a very calm, sophisticated way about her and all the characters she played were intelligent women, usually facing difficult decisions. My greatest decision today is what to make for lunch, and I figured I would use Ann's recipe for grilled meat which I am sharing with you.

I found this recipe in an out-of-print paperback cookbook first published back in 1931, the year Ann made DEVOTION at home studio RKO with Leslie Howard. I think the recipe is rather easy to follow and can be used on various cuts of meat-- beef, pork or lamb. I hope you find the tip about using flour as useful as I do!

screen-shot-2014-12-14-at-10-05-03-am.pn

Here's a glamorous pose of Ann Harding from her heyday. And I must tell you that off-camera the Texas beauty was known for never wearing make-up!
imgres56.jpg
Today's recipe first appeared in Favorite Recipes of the Movie Stars, an out of print paperback cookbook published in 1931.

No comments:

Post a Comment