Sunday, July 31, 2016

GREEN RICE CASSEROLE


GREEN RICE CASSEROLE 
"This recipe comes from one of my favorite restaurants in Kansas City, Missouri. Stephenson's Apple Farm is known for its outstanding menu. This is a signature dish."
2 1/2 cups cooked rice
3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 tbsp chopped green bell pepper
1 small clove garlic, minced
12 oz evaporated milk
2 small eggs, beaten (I use 1 large)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
2 tsp salt (I omit salt)
1/4 tsp seasoning salt (I use Mrs. Dash)
juice and grated rind of 1/2 lemon
paprika 
Mix rice, parsley, cheese, onion, green pepper and garlic in greased 2 qt casserole. Stir in remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with paprika. 
Bake at 350 degree F for about 45 minutes or until the consistency is that of a soft custard. 
Makes 4 servings
From: Stephenson's Apple Farm
Source: Bake Space / Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment