Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Scampi by Lana Turner


episode six -- scampi by lana turner
1scampi.png
I will be going to the market in a little while to pick up ingredients for tonight's supper. Since I am in the mood for seafood, I decided that I would use Lana Turner's delicious recipe for homemade scampi.  Those who have seen THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE know that Lana played a cook at the Twin Oaks roadside diner. I don't remember if she prepared scampi in the movie, but it was probably on the menu.

For my version, I plan to buy fresh shrimp with the shells on, because I think it makes the dish taste better. Lana favors parsley, but since I prefer cilantro, I will probably make a substitution. I think shrimp scampi is best served with pasta. 

Ingredients:
16 medium shrimp
2 cloves of garlic, fresh crushed
1/4 stick unsalted butter
4 T olive oil
2 T fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
1 T lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:
Take the shrimp and remove the legs, vein and shell (but leave the tail on). Set aside. Next, put the butter and olive oil in a pan and heat. Add the crushed garlic and parsley (or cilantro). Then, add the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Once these ingredients have properly combined, turn the heat off and pour the mixture over the raw shrimp. Let it marinate for one hour.

After an hour, place the marinated shrimp into a baking pan. Then, broil with the flesh side up about six inches from the heat. Do this for about six minutes. 

Serves: 4. Serve hot and enjoy!
images25.jpg

The original recipe first appeared in Cookbook of the Stars, published by Motion Picture Mothers in 1970.


; February 8, 1921 – June 29, 1995) was an American actress. Over the course of her nearly fifty-year career, Turner would achieve notoriety as both a
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

No comments:

Post a Comment