Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Loaded Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats

Loaded Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats
Averie Sunshine, 06 Jun 12:01 AM

It’s that time of year when everyone’s gardens are exploding with zucchini.
Except mine because I don’t have a garden. But the zucchini are inexpensive and plentiful at the grocery store.
Rather than making traditional enchiladas, I put a spin on things by hollowing out zucchini and piling them sky high with toppings rather than using enchilada wraps or taco shells.
You won’t miss the carbs in these healthy enchiladas that are ready in 30 minutes and exploding with flavor. My family gave them a ten out of ten and asked when I’m making them again.
The enchilada sauce soaks into the chicken to keep it extra moist and juicy, there’s corn and red and yellow bell peppers for flavor and texture, and the melted cheese is my favorite part.
Feel free to add black beans, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, or your other favorite Mexican-inspired fixings. My boats were already loaded to the max and couldn’t hold any more goodies even though I was tempted to try.
Loaded Chicken Enchilada...

No comments:

Post a Comment