Friday, November 15, 2013

My Great-Grandmother's Stuffing Recipe


My Great-Grandmother's Stuffing Recipe


My Great-Grandmother's Stuffing
My Great-Grandmother's Stuffing
Linda Larsen

My Great-Grandmother's fabulous turkey stuffing recipe is revealed! This is the only stuffing recipe I make every Thanksgiving. And it's converted everyone who ever tried it.

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:

  • 10 slices oatmeal bread, dried overnight, then cubed
  • 2 Winesap or Haralson apples, peeled and chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup cold water

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients except butter and water in large bowl and toss with hands to mix. Sprinkle melted butter and water over dressing, tossing with a fork to combine. Use to stuff 12-14 pound turkey.
You can also place this stuffing in a casserole dish, drizzle with some chicken or turkey broth, cover, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer
.

No comments:

Post a Comment