Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Toasted Pecans by Busy Moms Recipes



Toasted Pecans Recipe

Yesterday, a dear friend (thank you, Cathy!) gave me two pounds of raw pecans from Georgia. Yummy! I decided to roast/toast one of the bags so that I can munch on them as a low-carb snack, put some in my salads (I eat a lot of salads), or sprinkle a few in my oatmeal.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of different strategies for toasting pecans, and all of them are good. Here’s my preferred method:

  • 1 pound raw pecan halves
  • 1/4 cup melted butter (the real stuff, not margarine)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Dump the pecans into a mixing bowl and drizzle the melted butter over them. Sprinkle salt over pecans and gently stir until pecans are well coated. Spread the pecans in a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir pecans and bake for another 10 minutes. (Note: Keep an eye on the pecans during the last five minutes to make sure they don’t get too toasty.)

These toasty morsels will not last long in this household, so I predict I’ll be making another batch before the end of the week.

Here are some other recipes using pecans:

No comments:

Post a Comment